I’ve realized that the hype of midnight on New Year’s day is higher than the hype of 10am that same morning. As if by that time, reality kicks in and everyone goes back to their same old daily routine(s).
However, today I went out and bought my planner for the year as well as a 2018 memory box (one that holds ticket stubs, pictures, certificates, a checked list of resolutions, and the planner I had used for that year). Therefore, I can definitely vouch to say that buying those items was undoubtedly out of my daily routine as I only purchase those products once a year. In January. Specifically on the 1st.
Also, was it just me or was there something different in the air today? Because I for one felt complete and utter happiness hit my skin, seep through my veins, and into my cardiovascular organ. It was a beautiful experience and it seemed as if the air did not only travel through me, but rather everyone around me. The vibe was extraordinary! Every where I turned, I was greeted with a smile and the phrase, “Happy New Year.” It felt good to reciprocate and greet them as well being that I’m not usually one to socialize as it’s one of my weaker suits, but every embrace felt naturally soothing.
January has always been my favorite month, even though I was born in October. I guess you could say I’m a Capricorn wannabe (though not actually, I’m quite pleased with being a Libra). I love January because for starters, the name itself has a nice ring to it, but also because it represents all things new. It was originally named after the Roman god of doors, Janus, being that this month is the door to the New Year.
Speaking of the New Year, I must confide, I’m a real sucker for New Year’s resolutions. Hearing what others plan to do starting in January and seeing their results in December has always been rather thrilling to me. Yes, I know, plans fall through, but the most important part about plans is deciding to make them. That’s what we like to call gumption! Whether they’re long or short term goals, make them, because having a purpose in life is the most sensational feeling you will ever come to know.
Now, without further ado, I present to you some of my New Year’s Resolutions:
- Don’t be outworked. (Like Will Smith once said, “Either you are going to get off the treadmill first, or I am going to die trying to beat you”)
- Save 30% of all I earn. (Although I go into 2018 confidently, there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that I’ll face numerous “Uh-oh” moments, so I’d better be prepared!)
- Start a youtube channel. (Fun fact: this has been on my New Year’s resolutions list for the past three years, it’s like roll-over data — wait, whoever has data left that rolls over to the next month???)
- Tour the colleges I’ll be applying to. (University of California: San Diego & Los Angeles, etc.)
- No grade lower than 85% (or 90% because I mean, who doesn’t love an A?)
- Take acting classes. (Another fun fact: I’m an actress and I want to take classes so that way I can be a better one!)
- Never forget about the music. (I just recently switched my major from Music Composition to Economics & Mathematics, so regardless of how much time I’ll spend calculating numbers, I’d still like to spend the same amount of time composing on the piano!)
- Stay active. (The more time you spend on your feet, the easier it is to fall asleep!)
And then you have your mini goals, which for me are write more, read more, be more, see more.
“If you’re not growing, you’re dying.”
One other souvenir I bought today that I will take with me throughout the years is a journal my best friends and I are going to fill in together. Speaking of which, I was given the honor to write in our first entry, so I had better sign off for the night.
Thank you so much for reading!
Happy New Year and until next time,
Be seeing you!